Let´s learn how to write an e-mail in English.
Nowadays, e-mail is the most common (and a very useful) form of written communication in the business and professional world.
- Opening Sentence.
- Main Body.
This is a sample.
Suppose you have to write an email to your friend inviting him or her to your birthday party.
To: (sender´s email… email@example.com)
CC/BCC: (recipients email or other individuals receiving the same email with visible ids)
Subject: title or the reason of writing email
Salutation: Dear Ana (Hi Ana, Hello Ana, Ana, etc.)
Main Body: the main content of the email
I would like to invite you to my birthday party on January 03 at Ambax Hotel from 9:00 pm to 12:00 pm. The theme of the birthday party is “Summer”.
It would be great if you come and join us at the party. We will have a great time and fun together.
See You Soon
– I would like to inform you that / I would like to invite you . . .
– It has come to my attention that . . .
– I am grateful to you for . . .
– I wish to . . .
– This is to inform you
– I let you know
– I wish to express . . .
– I would like to / I´d like to
– Thank you for . . .
– It is with much pride that I can confirm that . . .
– It is with regret that . . .
– I am delighted to inform you that . . .
– I write to you because . . .
Phrases to start a sentence with
– In my opinion . . .
– As I see it . . .
– As everyone knows . . .
– Clearly . . .
– Obviously . . .
– Inevitably . . .
– My own view is . . .
– I Hope
Initial phrases followed by a comma
– In addition,
Phrases to finish the email off
– My last point is . . .
– My final point is . . .
– In conclusion,
– In summary,
– To conclude I would like to say . . .
– On the basis of the evidence presented . . .
– On balance . . .
– The evidence presented supports the view that . . .
– It is my sincere belief that . . .
– I look forward to hearing from you in due course
– An early response would be greatly appreciated
– I trust that this is all in order
– Thank you once again for . . .
– Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.